November 11, 2014 – The Venetian, Las Vegas, NV
digad partners with GSG Technology to provide a test drive demonstration of SAP Business One in Amazon’s SAP Certified cloud. SAP has long since stated that their customers decide if they prefer on premise or cloud-based solution – it’s a matter of personal taste. And SAP Business One is no exception to the rule! digad’s fashion apparel solution is made readily available in a multi-tenant or private cloud environment, and for a low, upfront implementation costs.
How is SAP made affordable for startups and emerging brands?
Despite increased demands by retailers and order minimums of competitive suppliers; margins are continually scrutinized and business processes are tested. A collection of online SaaS tools may get those boutique orders filled however; such disparate tools desire a unified data flow, cannot entertain EDI orders and lack transparency otherwise provided by order-to-cash ERP platforms. SAP Business one is an affordable solution for startup and emerging companies who need a robust system to handle day-to-day operations and experience the growth of a successful brand.
In a multi-tenant cloud, a five-seat SAP Business One instance can provide a robust operational structure with supply chain and client visibility for as low as $1,000 a month (plus implementation costs). This changes the game significantly while competing in a global marketplace. The top five reasons small and middle-sized companies make investment decision are the same reasons (except for the first!) that larger companies spend millions on their systems.
- Price – Low up front costs of an ERP system that can accommodate growth of $100M+ revenues. By avoiding extensive BI tools and major operational changes, the restructure time and expense of data migrations is eliminated.
- Inventory Management – With the ability to sell to several boutiques from a single factory order, brands can handle the volume while also identify excess inventory for timely promotions and eCommerce synchronization.
- Order Management and Customer Service – Visibility throughout the supply chain facilitates on-time deliveries and manages retailer’s expectations when delays cannot be avoided. A centralized CRM system like SAP B1 maintains a single source of truth for all activities related to a single client or trading partner.
- System Quality – A brand name like SAP is continually at work for their clients. Over 50M Euros are spent annually on product development. That means that a team of people are taking your feedback seriously and investing it directly into your business operations. You won’t find this type of global support in a regional brand or house built system.
- Operational Risk –When infrastructure doesn’t have long-term goals and cannot entertain business demands, the disruption to migrate to a new platform poses significant risk to the company’s financials, culture, data structure and presiding operational flow. Understandably, executives delay making strategic decisions to “fix something that isn’t broken” which is required to maintain a competitive advantage and entertain business growth.
Don’t get caught in the trap!
Once a typical organization has succeeded beyond that of a startup, the cost of changing system is absolutely daunting. Companies today who’re overly invested in costly house systems and occupy disparate workflows have positioned themselves to entetain a higher risk/reward ratio than a younger startup. In addition to ordinary costs of a new system (i.e. hardware, software, professional services and internal resources), forfeiting the existing investment poses the risk of a failed ERP project, threatens a favorable corporate culture and requires some form of a “fresh start” all together. We’re not saying this isn’t worth it, but if one could invest earlier in an enterprise platform like SAP B1, then the pain to change later is largely eliminated. Hosted SAP B1 clients can enhance their system with incremental investment to the platform, supported by organic business growth without the disruption of changing systems.
About SAP Business One’s Fashion Apparel Solution
SAP Business One provides a single platform for apparel and footwear companies to manage retail, ecommerce and wholesale business from customer to cash. Integrated contracts, shipping and manufacturing capabilities provide a single flow throughout the entire supply chain. While designing a new line and making decisions that are cost sensitive, or merely distributing finished goods, the SAP B1 solution for apparel and footwear can handle both simple and complex requirements.
Did you know that despite the lag of product identity in the US, the SAP Business One application is used to manage both small and larger businesses in over 60 countries? See if SAP Business One is right for your business today. Whether you’re a brand wholesaler, retailer and/or manufacturer; our questionnaire is designed to start a system blueprint for businesses from small to XL, using SAP Business One ERP system.
About digad solutions
digad is a global Extended Business Member (EBM) of SAP. The company is recognized for its industry expertise and strategic partnerships with global VAR, www.beonesolutions.com and global apparel experts, www.ArgentisConsulting.com. Our partnership with AWS provider, GSG Technology www.gsgtech.com makes the On Demand solution possible while being recognized for highest levels of security and all other SAP Certification requirements.
Your local implementation, in global places, is our business!